Ski Resort & Tourismus Partner
Visit the Freeheeler European Opening for Telemarker
Three days of telemark and fun in Hintertux
Telemarking originated about 150 years ago at Morgedal in Norway – to this day, the sport has lost none of its popularity. On the contrary. Proof of this is the Freeheeler European Opening in Hintertux, which brings together hundreds of telemarkers from home and abroad.
And also those who want to try the sport for the first time are more than welcome at the Freeheeler European Opening.
Hintertux glacier/Tuxerferner Haus
Testival Area and Workshops
This year will will over the biggest telemark gear test of the alps. All relevant brands and their products will be available to test for free. Check out the Tele Expo
At 11h Telemark Workshop
At 14h a small Vesper Buffet will be prepared for the participants
After the Vesper Buffet you can then further getelemarkt and material can be tested.
From 19h evening programme at the Tux Center in Lanersbach
At the Tuxerferner Haus in the Freeheeler Area you have the opportunity to take part at Freeheeler workshops – like the Freeheeler Telemark Start Ups to get a taste of the art of telemarking – and maybe find a new passion for winter sports. But also experts who want to improve their technique are exactly right here.
If you’ve always wanted to telemark with a hazelnut stick, this time you’ll have the opportunity to get up close and personal with Per and a Lurk or to get involved in telemark freestyle with John.
The youth is the big topic at the opening of the Telemark season in Hintertux. For the first time, Lena Attorresi will offer extra workshops including the appropriate material for children with the Telemarkids project. If you want to find out more about the innovations of the Telemark industry, you should use the Freeheeler Testival. Here you will find everything the telemark industry has to offer in the current season.
Further highlights in the evening at Lanersbach/Tux valley
– Thursday evening, November 28th, everything get startet with the first arrivals and we will welcome the first time at Hintertux the Dutch Telemark Foundation
– On Friday evening, November 29th, you will get to know the other participants at the Meet and Greet in the Tux Center in Lanersbach and can exchange ideas with them. Afterwards, you’ll get yourself in the mood for the evening with the Telemark Band „Lost Guides“ led by Bob Mazarei and John Falkiner and the new film „Epic Flavour“ from 75 mm Produktion, which will whet your appetite for tomorrow’s Telemark Day.
– On Saturday evening, November 30th, you will go to the Tux Center for a great evenig, which is filled with a nice and colorful program. The crowning finale will be a new film by Bevan Waite with Ty Dayberry as the exclusive European film premiere. If that’s not enough for you, DJ Tom will heat you up at the Freeheeler Party in the „Kleine Tenne“ really early in the morning.
Exclusive packages at a special price you can find here.
You would like to participate in the Freeheeler European Opening but want to stay flexible? No problem. Thanks to the many individual Freeheeler Packages you have the choice. Whether with or without workshops, whether one day, one and a half, two … or even three days. Choose your personal package at a special price. Numerous goodies are also included in the packages.
And here are all the facts about the Freeheeler European Opening
– Date: November 28th to December 1st.
– Place: Hintertux Glacier/Lanersbach-Tux valley
– What’s on offer: Telemark Workshops, Testival Area, Meet and Greet, Freeheeler Tele X Challenge, Woman’s Telemark Champ, Freeheeler Party with DJ Tom