Ski Resort & Tourismus Partner
FEO Hintertux 2020
The Freeheeler European Opening for Telemarker
We here at Freeheeler want to start out by saying a „Huge Thank You“ to all of you that listened to the guidelines laid out by the experts during the early stages of Covid-19. The infection scientists, the virologists, the brave and selfless doctors and nurses. And a huge Thank You to the everyday folk who continued to go to work, the shopkeepers, pharmacists, grocery store workers, etc. Because of this clear, logical, and necessary response from all of you, hopefully, we can get back to some semblance of normalcy going forward.
Which brings us to the 2020-21 FEO Hintertux Freeheeler European Opener at the „Best Place“ to kick-off Telemark Season, the Hintertux Glacier. We at Freeheeler are here for you. Whether you seek powder, love to rock the bumps, live for working freeheel tricks in the park, are all about fast freeriding and jumping rocks, precise technical racing, telemark ski mountaineering, just cruising the pistes, or skinning up with a picnic and two bottles of wine, we at Freeheeler embrace and celebrate with you, the coolest and most beautiful of skiing disciplines – Telemark! So, once again, the Freeheeler Welcome Team, as well as the Teams at Tux Finkenberg Tourism and the Hintertux glacier cable car company, are here with open arms, and bent knees, ready to telemark and rock ’n roll.
Telemarking originated about 150 years ago at Morgedal in Norway – to this day, the sport has lost none of its popularity. On the contrary. Proof of this is the Freeheeler European Opening in Hintertux, which brings together hundreds of telemarkers from home and abroad.
Hintertux glacier/Tuxerferner Haus
Testival Area and Workshops
This year we will have again the biggest telemark gear test of the alps. All relevant brands and their products will be available to test for free. Check out the Tele Expo
At the Tuxerferner Haus in the Freeheeler Area you have the opportunity to take part at Freeheeler workshops and maybe find a new passion for winter sports. But also experts who want to improve their technique are exactly right here.
If you’ve always wanted to telemark with a hazelnut stick, this time you’ll have the opportunity to get up close and personal with Per and Marc and their Lurks or to get the first try to skin up with telemark equipment with Jürgen and Alex.
Further highlights in the evening at Lanersbach/Tux valley
– Thursday evening, November 26th, everything get startet with the first arrivals and we will welcome again at Hintertux the Netherland telemarker from the Dutch Telemark Foundation
– On Friday evening, November 27th, you will get to know the other participants at the Meet and Greet in the Tux Center in Lanersbach and can exchange ideas with them. Afterwards, you’ll get yourself in the mood for the evening with the Telemark Band „Lost Guides“ led by Bob Mazarei and John Falkiner and the new telemark movies of the upcoming winter season.
– On Saturday evening, November 28th, you will go to the Tux Center for a great evenig, which is filled with a nice and colorful program.
Exclusive packages at a special price you can find here.
You would like to participate in the Freeheeler European Opening but want to stay flexible? No problem. Thanks to the many individual Freeheeler Packages you have the choice. Whether with or without workshops, whether one day, one and a half, two … or even three days. Choose your personal package at a special price. Numerous goodies are also included in the packages.
And here are all the facts about the Freeheeler European Opening
– Date: November 26th to 29th
– Place: Hintertux Glacier/Lanersbach-Tux valley
– What’s on offer: Telemark Workshops, Testival Area and a colorful evening entertainment at the Tux center in Lanersbach.